AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Loebner Prize 2021

I was sent this by one of the members of the AISBX, which I said I would pass along.

“Basically, CoCoHub wants to host AISBX (incorporating The Loebner Prize) this year.

For anyone who can make a chatbot that conforms to LPP (the ‘modern’ websockets version) or CoCoHub’s API, they can provide an email address for that chatbot. So when you’re in any zoom meeting you can invite that email address, and you’ll be joined in the meeting with a 3D, voice-driven, avatar representing your chatbot.

Maybe bots that can’t interface with CoCoHub can be ‘exhibited’ anyway, just with an external link, rather than something more integrated.”

It might be cool for some botmasters to see their work in 3D. The only bad side is that the LPP is back but it’s either this or nothing, as only CoCoHub have the resources and are willing to do this.

What do you think?

[ # 1 ]

I can live with the javascript websockets LPP if the chatbots are installed on location. CoCoHub’s API could then be an optional, fire-and-forget output channel, similar to the webcast of old. I think the LPP is suitable to handle that server-side for everyone, just with different picks for avatars.

I would only rely on CoCoHub’s API for communication with the judges if the entries are to participate directly from home.

CoCoHub does seem a very fitting host (sponsor?), and I do like the idea of adding visual p’zazz for publicity, I just don’t trust relying on interfaces interfacing with interfaces across the internet that interface with interfaces to get the messages across. We’ve seen how hard it is to keep even one system from breaking down.

[ # 2 ]

It’s going to be a totally online event this year. Nothing installed on location.

[ # 3 ]

Well, then I think using CoCoHub’s API is necessary if it is to attract any public attention. But before I look into that I’d want to know whether there are prizes to make it worth the effort.

[ # 4 ]

Any developments of this? It’s sad the Loebner seems to have died off after Dr Loebner’s death.

[ # 5 ]

I’m not sure if anyone still visits here but I heard from Bertie Muller that there will be no Loebner Prize in 2021. Maybe in 2022 but it seems doubtful. I think in the words of Porky Pig, “That’s All Folks!”

login or register to react