AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Arckon

[ # 91 ]
Steve Worswick - May 29, 2014:
∞Pla•Net - May 29, 2014:

What would you have suggested differently?

Asking the guy before registering a domain with his bot’s name. It’s common courtesy.

What about registering a domain with your bot’s name?  Would you mind? 

The purpose would be to streamline an original design, to run on Android and iPad.

It will run on PC too, but lower bandwidth, and simpler, to better support tablets.

HTML5 (without Flash) for animation and it would run Program-O, on a webserver.

Lastly, Thunder Walk may be asked to be botmaster.

[ # 92 ]

If I hadn’t been asked first and you knew full well that I had a bot with that name, yes I would mind. The purpose of you registering would be immaterial.

[ # 93 ]

OK, so since you have just been asked (Posted: Jun 3, 2014 [ # 91 ]) ...

Therefore, you do not mind and I may go ahead and do that.

Thanks Steve.  It should make for a popular Program-O based website,

especially with the Mitsuku AIML you give away free on your webite.

[ # 94 ]

Asked what? What are you planning to do?

I said I WOULD mind and don’t want you to register any domain names with my bot.

[ # 95 ]

Steve, I’m afraid Tom’s question wasn’t hypothetical.
Tom, stop taking liberties with other people’s stuff, make up your own names. People mind when you don’t ask, but still mind when you ask and assume. The first is just considered more rude. You need to learn these rules or you will keep stepping on people’s toes your whole life.

To be clear let me translate Steve’s answer: “I DO mind.”

[ # 96 ]

Naturally.  That was not the plan to begin with.  Please reference post # 91.

[ # 97 ]

You ask:

∞Pla•Net - Jun 4, 2014:

What about registering a domain with your bot’s name? Would you mind?

And Steve says he does mind:

Steve Worswick - Jun 4, 2014:

I don’t want you to register any domain names with my bot.

Clear, yes?

[ # 98 ]

Yes Don,

Steve would mind about mitsuku.net registering any domain nameservers with his bot at mitsuku.com in order to steal bandwidth or hot linking to other resources.

Naturally.  That was not the plan to begin with.  Please reference post # 91.

[ # 99 ]

Ladies and Gentlemen

and A.I. of all types,

Without Further Ado…

Introducing Mitsuku.net

[ # 100 ]
∞Pla•Net - Jun 5, 2014:

Steve would mind about mitsuku.net registering any domain nameservers with his bot at mitsuku.com in order to steal bandwidth or hot linking to other resources.

It was said in the context of registering domains with the names of other people’s bots. He meant he didn’t want you to register with his bot’s name, not just “with his bot”. There is obviously a misunderstanding here.
Can’t you make up your own name? You are good enough at acronyms to think of something unique.

[ # 101 ]

Ok, this is getting out of hand, and needs to stop.

Tom, whether you realize it or not, what you are doing here is completely inappropriate and crosses many lines. there are sufficient legal grounds to initiate civil suits against you, should the injured parties (both Don and Steve) choose to do so. I strongly urge you to closely examine your actions, and try to come to grips with the fact that what you have done is wrong, and issue apologies where necessary. Said apologies should be handled privately, as I’m closing this thread. If you do not stop this, I will be forced to take more stringent actions. If you feel that my actions are incorrect, I recommend taking it up with Erwin, referring him to this post as evidence.

If anyone else disagrees with my actions, please feel free to take the matter up with me via email.

This topic is closed, it's not possible to reply

‹ First  < 5 6 7
7 of 7

login or register to react