AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Virtual Recruiting Assisstant

[ # 61 ]

How about srai-ing every wildcard to an atomic?

<category>
  <
pattern>RED *</pattern>
  <
template>
  <
srai>red</srai>
  </
template>
</
category>

<
category>
  <
pattern>_ RED</pattern>
  <
template>
  <
srai>red</srai>
  </
template>
</
category>

<
category>
  <
pattern>_ RED *</pattern>
  <
template>
  <
srai>red</srai>
  </
template>
</
category>

<
category>
 <
pattern>RED</pattern>
 <
that>WHAT COLOUR IS A TOMATO</that>
 <
template>

Correct!
 </
template>
</
category

<
category>
 <
pattern>*</pattern>
 <
that>WHAT COLOUR IS A TOMATO</that>
 <
template>

That is incorrectPlease try again.
 </
template>
</
category

Then you don’t need the wildcards in the value tags. Bear in mind that checking for single keywords like this leaves it open to all sorts of abuse:

Bot: What colour is a tomato?
Human: It is blue stripes with a green wavy pattern and a tiny red dot near the bottom.
Bot: Correct!

Bot: What colour is a tomato?
Human: Tomatoes are a reddish colour.
Bot: That is incorrect. Please try again.

[ # 62 ]

I think that now we’re getting into the realm of needing to work with topics, Steve. I’m fairly certain that there is going to be more AIML code than what we’re seeing here, and too much generalization outside the realm of a topic will create some unexpected results elsewhere. Perhaps if we divided up each question into it’s own topic, this effort may become more successful. Sure, that’s a LOT more AIML code, but in this case it may well be worth the extra work. smile

[ # 63 ]

Oh I agree 100% Dave and for a starting project with AIML, I strongly feel that this is a very difficult task for the guys.

[ # 64 ]

No question there, and while I’m more than happy to help, I also don’t want to get into the position of “doing someone else’s homework”, so I’m going to work less with full scale examples, and more with detailed explanations. Sometimes being “too nice” isn’t very nice at all, in the long run. smile

[ # 65 ]

Thanks Sir,,Before looking into this page…I have just implemented the same procedure…. smile
and I also wanted to ask the very same question of acceptance of absurd answers,...

I had seen the topic tag once and wondered what is the need of using it but I now I am going to implement it and will let you know..

As it is said,“A good teacher is one who do not tells everything to his/her students”...Thankyou Dave Sir, for giving examples ....From them I can understand where I am making mistakes and How to deal the task correctly….

Thankyou Sir Steve for your code snippets….They helped me alot too smile
and both of you for your timely replies…..

[ # 66 ]

Hello everyone. im also with jaweria and wardah in this project, im trying to make attractive interface for our chatbot, so what can i do?? i know that the changes will be done in index.php,but it will also support html, so i want to make an attractive interface

[ # 67 ]

Hello, Taha, and welcome to chatbots.org! smile

If I recall correctly, your team is using Program O, version 2(?). If so, all you need to do is replace the HTML code at the bottom of the file index.php with your own HTML markup; but make sure to look over the original HTML, to learn where the chatbot code is inserted, so that you can insert that same chatbot code into your HTML in the correct places. Also remember to keep all form elements the same with respect to element names and id’s. It’s really a simple process, as long as you heed my suggestions. wink

[ # 68 ]

Hello…....
Do you know in which IDEs are used for creation of chatbot????

[ # 69 ]

What do you mean by IDEs?

[ # 70 ]

IDE: Integrated development Environment… like Eclipse for Java, Eric for Python, etc.

I don’t know of any specifically for chatbots, AIMLpad would qualify I think, and maybe Jan’s system.

[ # 71 ]

Yes, I have a full IDE with different editors and a debugger.  It’s not for AIML or chatscript, but my own system (resonating neural nets). You don’t need the IDE, you can also do it all in a text-editor, but most stuff is easier to do in the IDE

@Steve: PS, notepad is also an IDE, but only for text LOL

[ # 72 ]

actually working with programO ,I have to edit some of its functions and when i try to do what i have implemented through javascript….I am not able to get the results…..
an IDE will may help me solve problems because when googling I donot get the same syntax used in programO…...

I have asked someone and they told me to use eclipse for php or notepad++...but i was not pretty sure about it due to a slight different syntax…..

such as I need to disable my submit button when there is no text in the textbox…..done this in javascript but not here…i have tried to edit response_handler ........but i donot achieve the result

[ # 73 ]

Dave Morton is your man for Program O. However, I believe he is currently on a motorbike touring California. I am sure he will take a look at your query on his return.

[ # 74 ]

we are using version 1.0.4 smile

[ # 75 ]

Ok, I stand corrected. I’ll have to look at my version 1.0 install, to remind myself how the script integrates with the page. 1 sec, please.

{time passes}

Ok, looking at the version 1 code, I see that the “integration process” is a bit more complex than version 2, but still doable. Here’s index.php:

<?PHP
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Program-o Version 1.0.4
//PHP MYSQL AIML interpreter
//Written by Elizabeth Perreau
//Feb 2010
//for more information and support please visit www.program-o.com
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
include_once("bot/chat.php");

?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<
html >
<
head>
<
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<
title>Program-O AIML Chat Bot</title>
<
style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
 margin
-left0px;

margin-top0px;

margin-right0px;

margin-bottom0px;

font-family:VerdanaArialHelveticasans-serif;

font-size:12px;
}
.demouser{
 color
:blue;
}
.demobot{
 color
:green;
}
-->
</
style></head>

<
body>
<
div>
  <
p style=\"\">

<?php 

echo $res
  echo 
"<br/>";
  echo 
$formchat;

?></p>
</
div>
<
p>&nbsp;</p>
</
body>
</
html

Note that there’s an include call, early on, to bot/chat.php - This is not only where the bot’s responses are created, but also where the ‘default’ chat form is created. There are several easy ways to create your own HTML page. Simply filling the variable $formchat with the content of the custom page is one option, but there are others that may work as well or better, so try to find the best method for your project. smile

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 > 
5 of 6

login or register to react