AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Harumi

Hi, my bot Harumi is already available on Chatbots.org but I wanted to create a thread for it in order to have more feedback on it.
My chatbot must be downloaded to be used. You will need open office; internet is not necessary (except for downloading!).
Harumi is a french chatbot able to learn from discussions. This is the feature lists :

- Calculate operations with + - * / and ( )
- Record appointments
- Record multi alarms, on time launching a website or a file.
- Mood is symbolized by a number between 0 and 100. Smileys, considered as feelings can increase or decrease mood.
- Apparence of Harumi change during the time of the day.
- Harumi plays chess and tell you what’s going on during the game.
- when typing a sentence, a proposition eventually pops up next to the entry window. Press F1 to validate this proposition.
- Record and reming you things to do
- Randomly reming you informations she learned
- Linking 1000 answers possibles for seach stimulus. 65000 stimulus possibles. When a question is asked regarding a stimulus and many answers are possible, Harumi search for the best answer possible.
- Stimulus can be edited with boolean logic : “Jeff AND phone”, “[Jeff OR my master] and phone”
- Database of synonyms crossed with user request.
- Everything is editable : sounds, images, stimulus…
- Giving IP adress and EMAC adress
- Dynamic detection of internet and battery.
- Recognizing similar images (very close one actually, taken with a bit different viewpoint).

[ # 1 ]

This is the url to download Harumi : http://jeffelson.e-monsite.com/

[ # 2 ]

Thanks Jean-François and welcome to the AI Zone forums.

What kind of feedback are you looking for?

The most important feedback I can provide is to make a web version of Harumi. My experience is that 99% of the internet users today don’t want to download anything, simply because they don’t trust what they are downloading: it can be harmfull to their computers and their data. And certainly when they download something from a website they don’t know. And even if they are open to downloading, there is still a barrier.

If you’re able to remove all barriers (make it that simply that your grandma would understand it) you’ll probably get more traffic and more feedback anyway.

[ # 3 ]

Well, it’s pretty impossible to do a website from Harumi since the user feed the chatbot with personnal informations that he would not like to share on the internet (phone numbers, credit card, login passwords…) .
Of course, a personnal url is not easily trusted, but on the other hand, my site is 6 months old and proposes the same program (even if it evolves at each release) to download. This way, I hope people will trust me.

I need suggestions as feedback for Harumi. Suggestions can be about optimization, languages algorithms/analysis, kind of interactions… Simply anything that I can pick up in order to improve the program.

Thanks

[ # 4 ]

I try out all this stuff by moving the file into a windows virtual machine (Sun VirtualBox) on my Ubuntu system.  When I move the file across, I then cut all network connectivity to the box, and run the program. 

After, when I am finished testing/using whatever software, I rollback the changes to the VM to before when I installed it.

[ # 5 ]

Note that I plan to release an english version of Harumi around february. I’m a bit sad to abandon the french version since it’s my native language but english is far more used in the world and I need to have more feedback.
Moreover, english is more chatbot friendly than french because my language is weird regarding verbs, grammar and gender attributed to any object. For example, we say “LA chaise” for “a chair” or “LE stylo” for “a pen”. “LA” meaning…. SHE! and “LE” meaning “HE”. It’s absurd and that’s why most of foreign people are unable to speak french 100% correctly.

[ # 6 ]

@JF: have you met Alexander Hoffmann. He’s in the same situation as you are (from France). He’s created KAR

[ # 7 ]

@Erwin : Actually, he contacted me a while ago. I’ve put a link to his chatbot on my site. He’s an engineer while I’m an amateur regarding programmation and chatbot.

[ # 8 ]

okay, in the future we might want to create aforum in French as well, but then we certainly will need 50 members…

[ # 9 ]

Harumi is partially translated in english now.
2 versions of Harumi are available for download.

New features coming for the coming days (meaning this week)
- Better chess game experience (Harumi is telling the user what she plans to do while thinking)
- Harumi can “see” with a webcam, meaning she will write if what she sees looks more like you, a bottle, a flower or an empty room. You can learn her new pictures by clicking on the webcam video appearing in Harumi.

All is better explained on my site.

Jeff1

[ # 10 ]

Erwin Van Lun you wrote

okay, in the future we might want to create a forum in French as well, but then we certainly will need 50 members…

Why not..  I am tired of the obligation to speak English. Only one language it is
as/like an unique thought. That make me sad. It is for it that my chatterbot
Jeanneton, will stay in French and that I encourage Chinese, Dutch, Spanish Martian
to make their chatterbot in their native language. If the humanity in evolved it is
“grace” in his diversity and not has reason of its uniformity.
A forum for each language… Again why not… Which other language do you think
about ?
Sylvain.

[ # 11 ]

@Sylvain: Thanks for your reaction and welcome to Chatbots.org!!!!

We’d love to setup a forum in French or any language in the world, as long as we have enthusiastic and persistent moderators. You could be one of the moderators, but you’ll have to find a good solid lists of people who will send me an email saying: ‘hey, erwin, coud you setup a forum for us in French????’. A forum is only successfull with enough people. 10 persons who prefer French is not enough. You definitely need more.

If you could find enough people, I’ll be happy to help you! I’d love to help you, actually:-).

Bon soir. grin Erwin

[ # 12 ]

Now 4 versions of Harumi are available :

1) English Standard version
2) French Standard version
3) English Lite Version
4) French Lite Version

Standard version features (French)
- Logic stimulus (example : Paul AND phone -> 01 02 03 or [paul OR my brother] AND phone -> 01 02 03)
- Synonyms database
- Definition database
- Stimulus/Answers Database manually editable and dynamic learning
- Fuzzy logic : In case 500 answers for 1 stimulus, Harumi picks up the answer with the most words common to the last entry
- Keeping on subject : Harumi keeps in mind the last sentences in order to keep on the subject (example : I like my brother -> your brother is Paul -> do you have his phone by the way? -> 01 02 03)
- Launching a file/directory/url
- Webcam
- Auto complete text when user typing
- Calculator
- Chess game with ingame comments
- Alarms
- Record, remind appointments
- Dynamic thinking (Harumi doing comments even when sollicited, those comments are made by the use of database)
- Translation (one word only)
- icons and emoticons
- Apparence of Harumi change on demand (put on your kimono/ your bikini(!)) or simply by the time. For example, around noon, she’s cooking. At midnight, she’s sleeping.

[ # 13 ]
Sylvain Leseur - Jun 10, 2011:

Erwin Van Lun you wrote

okay, in the future we might want to create a forum in French as well, but then we certainly will need 50 members…

Why not..  I am tired of the obligation to speak English. Only one language it is
as/like an unique thought. That make me sad. It is for it that my chatterbot
Jeanneton, will stay in French and that I encourage Chinese, Dutch, Spanish Martian
to make their chatterbot in their native language. If the humanity in evolved it is
“grace” in his diversity and not has reason of its uniformity.
A forum for each language… Again why not… Which other language do you think
about ?
Sylvain.

But what about people who don’t speak French or Dutch or Chinese?
I only speak Portuguese, Spanish and English.
But I really believe that genial inventions and researches come from all around the world.
English nowadays is the language that makes possible to people from all around the world to know the news, to learn, share knowledge to people that simply dont speak 4 or 5 languages…
I’m not criticizing you, but I ask you not to deprive people of knowledge, just because a person is “tired of writing in English. “
I would love to speak here only in Portuguese, but few people would understand me.
Knowledge must be shared ... allways.

[ # 14 ]
Jean-François Battistini - Jun 12, 2011:

Now 4 versions of Harumi are available :

1) English Standard version
2) French Standard version
3) English Lite Version
4) French Lite Version

Standard version features (French)
- Logic stimulus (example : Paul AND phone -> 01 02 03 or [paul OR my brother] AND phone -> 01 02 03)
- Synonyms database
- Definition database
- Stimulus/Answers Database manually editable and dynamic learning
- Fuzzy logic : In case 500 answers for 1 stimulus, Harumi picks up the answer with the most words common to the last entry
- Keeping on subject : Harumi keeps in mind the last sentences in order to keep on the subject (example : I like my brother -> your brother is Paul -> do you have his phone by the way? -> 01 02 03)
- Launching a file/directory/url
- Webcam
- Auto complete text when user typing
- Calculator
- Chess game with ingame comments
- Alarms
- Record, remind appointments
- Dynamic thinking (Harumi doing comments even when sollicited, those comments are made by the use of database)
- Translation (one word only)
- icons and emoticons
- Apparence of Harumi change on demand (put on your kimono/ your bikini(!)) or simply by the time. For example, around noon, she’s cooking. At midnight, she’s sleeping.

Harumi seems to be a fantastic personal assistant.
I want to try it.
But,
What do you suggest to me ( an average non native speaker of English):
English Standard or English Lite version?

[ # 15 ]

Fatima Pereira : The best version is standard french one : all features are functionnal. English version has less functions (no appointment function for example).

Nevertheless, since many report me bug on standard version, I created recently a lite version with far less functions but without any infinite loop error bug.
Try english or french standard one. If you have infinite loop error, try the lite one.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 14

login or register to react