AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Chatterbox, our first new synonym page

We’ve announced several times that we have created a list of 74 synonyms of the word ‘chatbot’.

As the first step towards publication of the full list, we’ve started to create synonym pages.

First synonym page is for:

Chatterbox

This synonym is rarely used in our context, (with Chatterbox Challenge as the top-of-mind exception), but it is widely used outside our of context. It’s really a fun page!

Our long term goal is to create the best possible page for all 74 synonyms, better than Wikipedia, better than any other page our there on the internet.

Our hidden secret, Karolina Kuligowska carried out a lot of work for this, and she’s now working on pages for virtual people embodied conversational agent and artificial conversational entity. Do many more pages to come in December!

Let us know what you think!!!

[ # 1 ]

Where is this page? Clicking the link just gives me a definition of chatterbox.

I was expecting to see a list like, chatbot, chat robot, agent, chatterbot and so on.

[ # 2 ]

All the pages are about definitions. You might be aware that the #1 problem in this industry is use of terminology.

Imagine a company named ‘Smart Semantics’ gives a presentation for a big retailer in the US. Hot shots, the CMO, coordinating people. They state that the ‘virtual assistant industry’ is growing very rapidly.

The presentation is very impressive, the staff is overwhelmed and as the web manager to start desk research. The web manager returns to his desks and enter ‘virtual assistant’ in Google.

Have you ever tried that? You should try that:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=virtual+assistant&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBNL349NL351&ie=UTF-8

Virtual assistant is now adopted as a term by Gartner and the search engine results are a total mess.

This industry really has a problem with its 75 synonyms.

Chatbots.org would like to help the industry by targeting Google SERP #1 positions on all synonyms so people can at least find similar information. And that’s a huge job.

So this page is about defining the variations of the word ‘chatbot’. Where the term comes from, how it’s typically used and how it’s used in another context.

We’ve started with Chatterbox. It’s rarely used as a synonym of chat bot, but therefore this page is suitable as our first page.

Please let me know if you have additions. You might think: ‘hey, that’s not correct, or I have an addition, or I see a typo’. We’re very open to improve this page.

[ # 3 ]

I didn’t answer your question. We will publish a new synonym every one or two days and when the most important synonyms have been defined, probably around mid December, we’ll publish them all, and have hyperlinks to the pages (which are then all finished by that time).

login or register to react