AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

pChat 2.0 nearing Alpha Testing stage

While this post isn’t directly related to chatbots specifically, my pChat script is where my chatbot, Morti, will be “living”, and with this being the case, it’s relevant to the development of my chatbot. Thus, I feel that this is a good place to post. smile

Anyway, my chatroom script, pChat 2.0, is very close to live Alpha testing, and I’m looking for a couple of volunteers to help me test various functions of the script. One feature that I particularly want to have tested is the “telescope” that I’ve built into the script. It uses the Google Earth plugin, and allows the user to “focus” on a wide variety of astronomical bodies and objects that lie outside our solar system (bodies within the solar system move too much to have reliable coordinates that a user can use to focus on, so the Google Earth plugin doesn’t even try to display them). The telescope also has a “fallback” option that loads random images from NASA’s APOD website to cover in-system bodies, or other out-system objects, as well (such as Hoag’s Object, or the various nebulae). I’m REALLY proud of the way that the telescope has turned out, so obviously I want to show it off. smile

If you’re interested in helping me Alpha test the script, please let me know, and I’ll provide a link for you. Once initial Alpha testing is complete, I’ll make the link public.

[ # 1 ]

By the way, if you post your interest, please also include the following (if you want it kept private, just send me an email through the site):

1.) OS/version
2.) Browser(s) used/version(s)
3.) Single/dual monitors?
3.) Screen size

This will help me to locate and correct many browser-specific problems.

[ # 2 ]

Hi Dave,

Yes I’d be willing to help you test pChat. I was most impressed by the conversation which I had with Morti recently.

OS/Vers: Linux/Debian Lenny (64bit)
Browser: Google Chrome for Linux (64bit)
Monitor: 24” LCD
Screen: 1920x1200

Cheers,
Andrew

[ # 3 ]

I don’t know much about astronomy, but I’d definitely like to take a look.
OS=Vista(32b)
Browser = firefox 3.6.10
Monitor= LCD 20”
Screen=1680*1050

[ # 4 ]

Thank you, Andrew and Jan. I’ve sent you each an email with the URL.

@Andrew:

Please bear in mind that at this point, Morti “isn’t home”, since I’m just testing the chat interface. Once I get into the Beta testing phase, I’ll work on including Morti. Right now, I need to make sure his home is stable enough on it’s own. smile

If you were impressed by Morti earlier, just wait till you see him in his new home! I have big plans for him, and although he’s now just an AIML chatbot, he’s slated to evolve into much, much more. Over time, I plan on adding several “features” that were inspired by discussions I’ve read and participated in here in the forums, such as adding certain “emotional indexes”, creating an NLP back-end to gather data for his next-generation incarnation, and more. I’m getting really excited about where Morti’s headed, and also about his prospects for the 2012 Loebner Competition. This is gonna be FUN!

login or register to react