AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

A New entry ...

[ # 31 ]

Who monitors the monitor monitoring the monitor who monitors the monitor monitoring the monitor?

[ # 32 ]
∞Pla•Net - Dec 30, 2013:

Who monitors the monitor monitoring the monitor who monitors the monitor monitoring the monitor?

Dunno. Aunt Jemima? wink

[ # 33 ]
Steve Worswick - Dec 30, 2013:

Please someone give me an example of what we are supposed to be fearing instead of throwing quote after quote at me.

Well for instance, there was this guy who was arrested over a joke on Twitter. There have been several such cases, and that’s the sort of thing I’m afraid of. Especially with my sense of humour.

But then, that’s America. In smaller countries it’s easier to “watch the watchers”, so I can understand not feeling too worried about it.
Practically speaking, what would this cube add to surveillance? The government already knows my face from my driver’s license. Would they want to know if I like rock music?

[ # 34 ]

So every time you see a quote, you simply ignore it or it’s implications?

Take away all the people’s guns (law abiding people), then the thugs and criminals will have a walk in the park…carte blanche to rob whom they may without fear of recourse.

It was NOT the law abiding citizens that killed school children but in almost every case, it was someone who SHOULD have been monitored since they were either on controlled substances or should have been and were pushed aside in a system already too heavy with bloat.

One cannot give absolute power to the very government which was put in place of , by and for the people. We are NOT a dictatorship (at least we weren’t), and while our ideals and ways of life are different than some of those abroad, it is our life.

You say, “We in the UK have had free healthcare for decades and it’s great!”
Really? I’ve chatted with people who say it stinks! That one sometimes has to wait for weeks in order to be treated or scheduled! FREE? Really? Free? My friend, there is NO such thing as a free lunch! Someone somewhere is paying for it! It is foolish to think otherwise.

Real about the armed citizen and the countless reports of a homeowner or family member that took action(s) to protect their home and loved ones from an intruder! I personally will NOT go quietly into the night while someone attempts to hurt my family or invade my home. You Will likely need an ambulance if you’re lucky to survive at all!

Monitor THIS!

Our country is seeing more and more installations of street cameras at almost every intersection and “incident prone” areas. While this might help police enforcement, it give us the notion that we are all at risk for being watched.
We have had privacy in and as a part of our lives for a great many years and we like it. When it is enfringed or threatened, we feel threatened and almost violated.

Sorry Steve, if you feel like your life should be an open book and perhaps it already is where you live, but some of us resent government and other forms of PRYING, SNOOPING or EVESDROPING.

Watch the movie, “Enemy of The State” - Will Smith, Gene Hackman. Slightly dated but a lot of what is premised here is clearly shown there.

Your way of living with surveillance might be great for you but it is not for me, and we can agree to disagree because we are friends.

Happy New Year to you, Mitsuku and the rest of my friends here and elsewhere!

[ # 35 ]

Not a problem Art. It’s always good to have a discussion about the things we believe in and it would be foolish of us to force our way of thinking on others.

Don - Idiots like that should be arrested.

I feel we have got WAAAAY off topic in this thread but it was good to talk.
Happy New Year to everyone on here. May 2014 bring you everything you desire. smile

[ # 36 ]
Steve Worswick - Dec 31, 2013:

Don - Idiots like that should be arrested.

By ‘idiots like that’ do you mean the pair of tourists, or the Homeland Security agents who had them arrested?

[ # 37 ]

Dunno about Steve, but my choice would be to arrest the TSA idjits with no sense of humor, and even less cognitive functionality. big surprise

[ # 38 ]

So we have determined that I, after all, am NOT a Spammer, at least to most. Back to the original topic of this posting was this cube thing that is due to be “born” in less than 22 hours.

It is reported to be a bluetooth based device with access to the vast base of Wikipedia knowledge (or at least, stored data).

Would you like one from a curiousity standpoint? To see what it knows or perhaps what it can learn from you or about you? I think it would be an interesting experiment and maybe even fun to play with. If only it doesn’t cost more than a reasonable amount. Say quite a bit less than a laptop computer but more than a decent hard drive! That should put it around $100 - 300.00 USD I should venture. (I know I’ll be proved wrong but then again perhaps the company won’t see as many as their gurus have projected.

Again, I am NOT affiliated with this company in any way. It’s just that I find AI related programs, devices and experiments entriguing which is, after all, pretty much why we’re all here! I think!

[ # 39 ]

Cool your jets, Art.  I accept that you’re not a spammer.  However, the site you linked had the words, ““Spread the Word - Get Rewarded!”.  It was a logical deduction.

[ # 40 ]
Thunder Walk - Jan 3, 2014:

Cool your jets, Art.  I accept that you’re not a spammer.  However, the site you linked had the words, ““Spread the Word - Get Rewarded!”.  It was a logical deduction.

It’s more induction than deduction. I’d have expected that distinction to be appreciated on this of all forums. raspberry

[ # 41 ]

(a simple oops..I’m sorry, or similar would have been cool). I have actually known you ever since you took over Richard Gray’s board and I’m a member there and was a very good friend of his since the very early 2000’s. The fact that I am a member on Your continuation of his chatbots forum and that I have at least 70 posts HERE should have indicated something as far as deductions but that’s OK. It is good that you and others are watchful regarding unsolicited posters!

So, YES Thunder, Happy New Year to you! Let’s let it go and please get BACK to my original posting where they are trying to develop a crowd funded Artificial Intelligence device / application that should certainly prove interesting.

I’d like to know how it is connected and to whom or where if any other source. I’d hate to be sharing my inner thoughts and emotions to a device and several other strangers as well. We need to know more about this cube.

[ # 42 ]

I’d have said “Sorry” if I was.  At the risk of repeating myself, the initial post offered little more than the link.  But, no harm intended.  It was actually just an off-the-cuff remark.

Sorry I didn’t recognize you, Art.  At the moment we only have 873 members at the AI Nexus and I’m just not as dedicated as Knyte Trypper was.  I’m also guessing that your login there is different from what it is here, and that it’s been a while since you (or anyone else) has posted there.  But, I promise that I’ll remember you now.

Which reminds me, there’s not a lot of activity here, either.  I suspect that non-commercial chatbots no longer have the following they once did.  Over at the Nexus, the most visitors we ever had on line was in 2007.  I’d post (and reply) a lot more, but I’m waiting for a couple of changes at Pandorabots and Proboards.  Until then, I think most of what I have to say and ask is just a waste of time.

Happy New Year to you, too.

[ # 43 ]

Yeah,

And all kidding around aside, Thunder deserves our respect.
Thunder probably has to deal with spam 24/7 as Moderator
of A.I. Nexus forum.  So, he may have become a little more
sensitive to spam over the years, than most of us.

Also, let’s remember that once you post a reaction to something,
you are stuck with it, if you change your mind later, after the
Edit timer is up at Chatbots.org.

So, let’s get back to kidding around.  For example, if this post
is a considered a compliment to Thunder, then I can’t take it back.
I’m stuck with it forever!

[ # 44 ]

You’re stuck with a lot more than that.

[ # 45 ]

You’re on vacation over here, from your duties at A.I. Nexus forum!  You don’t really wanna wear the moderator hat over here, do ya?  Let somebody else be the spam police for a change.  Just sit back and enjoy the membership.

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4

login or register to react