AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Aici on android

I finally released a first version for the android platform. It’s still pretty early, there are some things that need fixing (including speed ups), but all in all, it’s starting to work.
It can currently make a phone call to one of your contacts, send an email or sms, get the weather info and change a few phone settings (limited feature set). It also has a few basic chatbot features as well (most of the topics that have been included, can be found as separate downloads on my website).
It’s available on google play or from my downloads.

[ # 1 ]

Very cool!
Any plans for an IOS version?

[ # 2 ]

It’s technically possible (fairly easy at this point), but a bit too expensive for me at the moment: I’d have to by an IPhone, an apple computer, an apple license and a mono for apple (forgot exact name) license. All for a free app, is a bit too much for me.

[ # 3 ]

congrats Jan. Same question here for iPhone, but I can understand your situation. It would be nice if you could earn some revenues in your app.

[ # 4 ]

I’ve downloaded it.
But i am not sure if I am doing it right, coz AICI keeps telling me that it can’t help me because it is in Beta version.
Did I forget to do something or this is the current state of AICI?

[ # 5 ]

What were you trying to do?
(note that I’ll be releasing a new version tomorrow or the day after (fixing some bugs, speeding up stuff and adding some features).

[ # 6 ]

Hi Jan

Well I tried to make a call and open internet.
I am not sure if it could be a problem about my accent… hahhahahaha

[ # 7 ]

An internet search wasn’t supported yet (will be new in the next release). ‘Gmail’ isn’t a command yet, which I’ll add today. Not certain why the first instruction failed. Perhaps it had something to do with the slow response of the first statement (this is also largely fixed in the next release, though there is still a small delay for the first statement).
I had planned to do a release earlier this week, but I had a bit of a struggle with dialog boxes on the android platform for 3 days .

[ # 8 ]

I just did a new release of the android app. Here’s what’s new:
-Change the appearance of application (background, fonts, colors)
-search for images
-open the photo gallery
-open google
-start gmail
-started work on allowing the android app to be fully managed from the app itself (instead of the pc), in combination of a file server (already used to install some images).
-Speed-ups
-some threading bugs were fixed as well.

You can get it from google play or my website.

login or register to react