AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Video Turing Test

Just had a very pleasant and interesting video chat with Dave using the Google+Hangouts feature, and I am now fairly confident that he is in fact a real human being, and not a bot as some of us may have thought. smile

For the two hours of full screen video, my computer sent about 380MB of data and received about 600MB of data. Won’t be able to do that every day on my broadband plan, but it was well worth it and I’m looking forward to having a few more sessions like that.

We were joined for part of the time by a roboticist from the Los Angeles robotics club and the software actually supports video conference groups of up to ten people at a time. Would anyone else here on chatbots.org be interested in setting up a group meeting at some point in the near future?

[ # 1 ]
Andrew Smith - Aug 10, 2011:

Just had a very pleasant and interesting video chat with Dave using the Google+Hangouts feature, and I am now fairly confident that he is in fact a real human being, and not a bot as some of us may have thought.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if I could make the same claim. raspberry

Actually, I rather enjoyed our chat. I found Andrew to be engaging and interesting (a subtle distinction, I know, but a perfectly valid one), and I found that we share a great deal more interests than I had previously suspected. All in all a great time.

I, too, would like to extend an invitation to anyone interested in joining in a video chat. I won’t promise the moon,  but I’ll do my level best to make it worth the effort. smile

[ # 2 ]
Dave Morton - Aug 10, 2011:

I, too, would like to extend an invitation to anyone interested in joining in a video chat. I won’t promise the moon,  but I’ll do my level best to make it worth the effort. smile

LOL, maybe not the moon but if I recall correctly you were promising a total solar eclipse… just have to get this software finished so I can save enough money for airfares.

[ # 3 ]

Well, I’ve certainly reserved a spot for you, should your schedule and finances allow. I’d certainly love to have you and the family over. smile

[ # 4 ]

Sounds interesting.  May I please hear more about it ?

[ # 5 ]

anaphora resolution failure: “it” may refer to:

a) total solar eclipse
b) video conferencing
c) video conversation
d) none of the above

[ # 6 ]

lol@Andrew

8pla, if you’re interested in video chat, I’ll send you an invite to Google+ and we can work out the details from there.

If you’re wondering about the Eclipse party, see http://www.geekcavecreations.com/?eclipse2012 for details. Everyone and anyone is invited to attend.

For anything else that “it” may refer to, some elaboration would be in order.

[ # 7 ]
Andrew Smith - Aug 10, 2011:

For the two hours of full screen video, my computer sent about 380MB of data and received about 600MB of data. Won’t be able to do that every day on my broadband plan ......

Sometimes, I want to live in the US to stay on top of the developments, but sometimes I lovvvvve being in the Netherlands with unlimited high speed plans for DSL and mobile (although unlimited mobile plans will soon change, unfortunately).

[ # 8 ]

Sometimes, I want to live in the US to stay on top of the developments, but sometimes I lovvvvve being in the Netherlands with unlimited high speed plans for DSL and mobile (although unlimited mobile plans will soon change, unfortunately).

Erwin Van Lun - Aug 17, 2011

Erwin, having unlimited high speed broadband, must mean webconferencing
is terrific in the Netherlands, with an infrastructure that supports making
the latest chatbot developments, such as Chatbots.org.

[ # 9 ]

Actually, I have unlimited high speed broadband (25MB/s) here. Granted, my family pays well for it, but we all have good reason to want such download speeds, so it’s worth the cost. smile

[ # 10 ]
8PLA • NET - Aug 20, 2011:

Erwin, having unlimited high speed broadband, must mean webconferencing
is terrific in the Netherlands, with an infrastructure that supports making
the latest chatbot developments, such as Chatbots.org.

The Netherlands is a small country, business is very concentrate in a small area in the west coast and it takes max 1,5 hour by car to drive from the very north to the south of this area. Also companies are not spread out such as in the United States. Therefore videoconferencing and webimars for example are even less popular than in countries covering larger areas, such as the US or Australia.

login or register to react
‹‹ a-i.com      Runaway Pandorabots ››