AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Elvis Presley Bot

[ # 61 ]
Dave Morton - Aug 29, 2012:

Most of the time, a chatbot needs to be submitted by it’s owner for it to be included in the directory. This isn’t necessarily ‘written in stone’, per se, but for the most part this is the case. If the owner doesn’t actively submit their bot(s), you can check with Erwin (he’s the ‘big boss’ here) to see if there’s any other way to get it listed. Short of that, there’s not much that can be done.

Okay, that really does seem to be the best policy…

[ # 62 ]
Dave Morton - Aug 29, 2012:

Most of the time, a chatbot needs to be submitted by it’s owner for it to be included in the directory. This isn’t necessarily ‘written in stone’, per se, but for the most part this is the case. If the owner doesn’t actively submit their bot(s), you can check with Erwin (he’s the ‘big boss’ here) to see if there’s any other way to get it listed. Short of that, there’s not much that can be done.

Well almost a week later I’m still waiting on gettin my AIWD listed… since August 31 it has been listed as “Pending”... so I reckon it can take some time!

[ # 63 ]

Sometimes it can, but not all of the time. Erwin is usually pretty good about taking care of that sort of thing quickly. I’ll see if I can find out what’s going on for you. Give me a bit to see what I can come up with. smile

[ # 64 ]
Dave Morton - Sep 5, 2012:

Sometimes it can, but not all of the time. Erwin is usually pretty good about taking care of that sort of thing quickly. I’ll see if I can find out what’s going on for you. Give me a bit to see what I can come up with. smile

Thanks, Dave… I would like to know something, this “Pending” gets a bit nerve wracking… heh.

Meanwhile, here’s the Will Dockery AI, if anyone out there would like to do some testing for/with me, to try and get it working right:

http://will-dockery-android.blogspot.com/

[ # 65 ]

Sorry guys, laying back a bit…. I’ve checked the chatbot entry, suggested some improvements and now waiting patiently for Will grin

[ # 66 ]

Thanks, Erwin. I never got a chance to email you about it (the past 2 days have been pretty bad, physically), so I’m glad you popped in. smile

[ # 67 ]
Erwin Van Lun - Sep 7, 2012:

Sorry guys, laying back a bit…. I’ve checked the chatbot entry, suggested some improvements and now waiting patiently for Will grin

Hello, Erwin!

I’ve had quite a few real life things to attend to the last few days, and am just getting back myself… I’ll check your suggestions for improvement, and will get on making them… these are posted somewhere on the site? I assume so, so while I sip my coffee I’ll make my way through the site and see what’s new…

Thanks again for the help!

[ # 68 ]
Erwin Van Lun - Sep 7, 2012:

Erwin… I’ve looked and can’t seem to find where your suggestions are located..?

Apparently I don;t know my way around here so well yet, can you diredt me to the comments/suggestions… or Dave, anyone?

[ # 69 ]
Dave Morton - Sep 8, 2012:

Thanks, Erwin. I never got a chance to email you about it (the past 2 days have been pretty bad, physically), so I’m glad you popped in. smile

Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad stretch of days, Dave… hope all is getting more managable for you!

[ # 70 ]

You should have received an email from Erwin about your submission, I would think.

I’ve been having these “bad days” due to a new regimen of exercises that my physical therapist has assigned me to perform. I’m not going to complain about them, though, or the minor setbacks they’re causing, because for the most part they seem to be helping. My right knee is getting decidedly better, and my left hip is very soon to be as good as before!

Sadly, though, my right elbow is a lost cause. It was left in a cast for too long, and the muscles surrounding the joint have become filled with bone, thus locking the joint n place. Removing the growths of bone will mean removing the muscles that move the joint, which will be as bad as (or worse than) leaving the bone in place. But still, I have my life, and that’s a net win, no matter WHAT the challenges are! smile

[ # 71 ]
Dave Morton - Sep 11, 2012:

You should have received an email from Erwin about your submission, I would think.

I’ve been having these “bad days” due to a new regimen of exercises that my physical therapist has assigned me to perform. I’m not going to complain about them, though, or the minor setbacks they’re causing, because for the most part they seem to be helping. My right knee is getting decidedly better, and my left hip is very soon to be as good as before!

Sadly, though, my right elbow is a lost cause. It was left in a cast for too long, and the muscles surrounding the joint have become filled with bone, thus locking the joint n place. Removing the growths of bone will mean removing the muscles that move the joint, which will be as bad as (or worse than) leaving the bone in place. But still, I have my life, and that’s a net win, no matter WHAT the challenges are! smile

Yes, it turns out that I must have been recieving promt replies and suggestions from Erwin all along, but my gmail account is so cluttered I didn’t spot them… and still haven’t, as I recieved a new notice with suggested changes, all of which I’m pretty sure I attended to this morning… without coffee! Just now getting set for my first cup, good thing as I have to go over to Alabama and interview an artist friend of mine for a cable television documentary at 2pm… but I sure wanted to get some progress here finished once I started!

I have added a Link Exchnge for Chatbots.org to the main page at

http://will-dockery-android.blogspot.com/

And am working on what may be a slightly unique way of getting word out about this site…

So sorry to hear of your arm troubles… but I agree with your bottom line, as well!

I see more discussion on the Will Dockery A.I. elsewhere so I ned to check that… meet you there if you haven’t been there already!

‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5

login or register to react