AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Pattern Matching Language- Chatscript, AIML, Facade comparison paper

I presented a talk on the evolution of natural language pattern matching at the Game Developers Conference recently. Gamasutra has published the paper of it: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6305/beyond_façade_pattern_matching_.php?page=1

[ # 1 ]

that was an interesting read Bruce.

But there are no chatbots mentioned in it that use no templates whatsoever.  Ones that construct parse trees and evaluate the semantics of each tree, to pick the most plausible one, and react based on that?  Ones that learn via conversation, new semantic information that, later they can use to evaluate future inputs?

[ # 2 ]

when you build me a good one of those, I will write about it.

[ # 3 ]

Yes Sir !! I am hard at work.

I was just wondering if you knew of any existing, just nice knowing I’m not re-inventing the wheel.  So far, I don’t think I am. 

The closest thing I see that comes to my work is TRIPS, but I think it is still very limited and not much has been done in the last 5 years on it.  There are also many differences, the main one being very limited and controlled parsing.

login or register to react