AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Is there a function to dump all possible responses to a file?

I’ve integrated ChatScript with a text-to-speech service so that my bot responds with audio instead of text.

To minimise latency and cost, I am caching the audio for each response so that I only ever have to request it once from the TTS service. In order to populate this cache, I currently have to talk to the bot manually and make sure I hit all of the variations of each response so that previously-unseen responses are sent to the TTS service.

Is there a function I can use to dump all possible responses to a file, or perhaps something similar to :verify that will exhaustively run test phrases and record the output?

I guess I could write a script to extract all of the #! comments and feed them into the bot, but I’m just wondering if there’s anything within ChatScript itself that could help with this task.

[ # 1 ]

There is nothing specific in CS engine. But one could write a function that would take a topic and execute ^reuse on every rule in the topic.  You can access every topic using ^walktopics.

[ # 2 ]

Ah, that’s a great suggestion. Thanks Bruce!

[ # 3 ]

>To minimise latency and cost, I am caching the audio for each response so that I only ever have to request it once from the TTS service.

Hi Rohan, I was also wondering how to get this done. How do you plan to handle user specific variables with this approach?

login or register to react