AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

ProgramD (java version) question

hi!
I downloaded ProgramD(java version ) from web and had installed it on my pc.
I want to understand how are categories form the tree/graph module and how depth first search works in graphmaster(graphical explanation would be appreciated).
I even want to modify programD by adding some apps to it like weather forecaster , travel tickets inquiry or some other small apps.
Can anyone help me in doing that.
Regards.

[ # 1 ]

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to the Chatbots.org AI Zone forum! I’m definitely sure that people will be able to help you. In the mean time, I’d like to suggest to add a few lines to your bio and to add a picture? It’s appreciated by other members and it will higher your chances of getting response.

Erwin

[ # 2 ]

thanx erwin.i’ll do that.
right now i’m eager to have ans. to my problems

[ # 3 ]

Hello, Krishna, and welcome to the forums! smile

What my lovely contemporary is trying to say (I think! - It’s sometimes dangerous to try to paraphrase others) is that we’re all interested in not only the specific reason for your posting (Program D), but also in the more general reasons for your desire to work with an AIML interpreter, as well.

Unfortunately, I’m also unfamiliar with Program D, so I can’t be much help in a direct manner, but let me do some checking, and I’ll try to come up with a resource or two for you that may prove beneficial. I’ll also try to locate an expert or two, and see if I can entice them to visit here, as well, so that we might be able to expand our overall expertise in the area. smile

[ # 4 ]

Opinion and Commentary:

I support java and .NET when it is a business requirement, and I do not fault businesses for using Virtual Machine (VM) computer applications, nor do I fault VM makers nor VM users.  A VM is simply a computer application of a make believe PC, like a word processor is a computer application of a make believe typewriter or spreadsheet is a computer application of a make believe adding machine, etc. However, personally I prefer my A.I. research to run full power with direct access to a real computer system through PHP, Perl, C/C++, Prolog, Lisp, etc.  Why would I want to limit my A.I. research to indirect computer access through some VM computer application programmed by someone else working for the VM maker ?  Am I only allowed to make A.I. discoveries preapproved by the VM maker?  Should I not mind if VM makers extract patterns and practices from my custom computer programming, and add them to their VM, without giving me any credit for my ideas and methods I come up with?

That would simply take the fun out of A.I. research. I feel discouraged and alienated, when I realize someone else is doing everything for me on the computer whenever I use a VM.  Besides, unless you happen to be very poor, living in the slums, and there is no shame in that… Why worry about virtual machines when real machine computer systems are already dirt cheap these days?  Should I be concerned for security?  Well, on Linux and Unix there are no computer viruses to worry about.  Most people seem to be in denial that a PC surfing the web with no anti-virus software installed is even possible.  Despite, the Mac guy (running OSX Unix) claiming in a TV commercial, “We don’t get those things” to the PC guy.

I rebuilt an IBM BL (Before Lenovo) Pentium 4 Thinkpad laptop, from eBay parts for $40 bucks.  I souped it up with free ubuntu linux apache mysql php perl and other cool computer programming and all sorts of other cool techie stuff for free.  That’s why personally I find limiting my A.I. research to one VM computer application, too restrictive to express my delight and curiosity for Artificial Intelligence.

login or register to react