AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Database Structuring & Actioning (Simple Level)

Hello fellow community.

I’m a hobbyist who’s been building a chatbot interface with VB.Net as the interface, and Access as the database.

- The only reason I’ve chosen these programs is that I have knowledge in coding, which is more than enough for what I’m doing.

I understand the database context rather simply, however there are two databases I’m trying to create, Special Search Database and a Matrix Search Database.  The first DB (Special) basically stores questions the chatbot is asked, and responses.  So no intelligence at all.

The matrix engine is where I’m struggling to attempt a simple design of.  Are there any materials out there that can specifically address this area?

I’m aware there’s a lot of talk about the psychological and linguistic side of this, but is there any good material detailing how to structure such a database, and how to make it come to life (even if the accuracy is too poor for commercial use)?

Much appreciate any guidance on how to learn this side of the techinical stuff smile

Ant

[ # 1 ]

You might look into the “knowledge representation” subfield of artificial intelligence, and ontologies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence#Goals

[ # 2 ]

Thank you Don, I’ll use this as my next port of call - it looks very good at giving a starting understanding on this subject - thank you! smile

login or register to react