AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

A newbie with a lot of big ideas…

Hi.

I am a computer programmer, good with PHP and Javascript, i also use CSharp (average proficiency).

I want to develop a personal assistant for my computer, here’s my definition of personal assistant:

1. accepts voice command
2. as voice recognition so it only accepts sensitive commands from a particular person
3. is able to perform some things on the computer, like open a document, open a video, make a search on the computer and on the web, open a specific website etc
4. starts up as soon as i turn my computer on
5. able to interact and have a decent conversation.

Yeah, well… i understand i’m probably trying to do too much… but here’s how far have gone:

1. downloaded chatscript
2. set it up according to the quick start that includes extending HARRY
3. Read and Reading the documentation (which by the way is a full time job… smile)
4. Got some helpful documents or quick references
5. Created a test topic etc

My major challenge, or if i have a scale of preference, it will be in this order:

1. Change the voice from male to female (i named my computer clara - which is obviously female)
2. Accept voice command and recognize voice
3. get the software to launch on startup
4. how to make it perform certain operations like open documents, search (as i stated above)

i’m not sure if these questions have been asked before.

Hoping to get answers here.

Thank you all.

[ # 1 ]

1. You’ll have to do some Googling to find out where to download and install female voices for Windows’s built-in narrator. They do exist and are typically free, or may already be installed on your computer and all you need to do is change the default voice in the Windows configuration menu / control panel.
2. If you can build a form field to connect with Chatscript, then you can use any speech recognition software to dictate to that field, and program a timer or say “enter” to submit it to your chatbot. If anyone knows a more direct way, I’m listening.
3. There is a Windows configuration menu for launching programs at startup. Should be easy enough to find on your computer.
4. Chatscript has built-in commands like ^popen() that can launch external programs, documents, etc., that can be activated by whatever pattern you script. It’s somewhere in the documentation and there are a few topics in the chatscript subforum that discuss them.

[ # 2 ]

Thank you for your response, actually,  i have been able to solve most of the initial challenges.

If you could explain how to achieve this:

Don Patrick - Jul 6, 2015:

2. If you can build a form field to connect with Chatscript, then you can use any speech recognition software to dictate to that field, and program a timer or say “enter” to submit it to your chatbot. If anyone knows a more direct way, I’m listening.

I’ll really appreciate it, so far, i have:

1. created a csharp application that accepts voice command and speaks out the output
2. been able to make online searches like climate condition, population of a country etc
3. I am able to link to my social networks, using their CSharp (.NET) api

but the issue is, all this work independently of ChatScript. So if you could explain my quote above better i would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

[ # 3 ]

I’m afraid I can’t. You’d have to ask Bruce Wilcox how to create an interface. I just assume that chatscript can be hooked up to an online or offline webpage with an input field, and take input from that. Chatscript also has a voice output function, by the way.

login or register to react