AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Hello from Jan

Hello everybody,
My name is Jan Bogaerts. For the last 2,5 years I have been working on a new algorithm for neural networks based on resonance which is beginning to produce some interesting results. In concrete, I currently have 2 applications: NND (Neural network designer), which is a GUI tool to design and debug this type of networks with, and Aici, a demo network (in the form of a chatbot)  / beginnings of a chatbot framework. Both can be downloaded from my downloads page.
For those who are interested, I have put together a white paper on this concept. Though I wrote this when I was starting out with the project, so some things have expanded considerably and others might need rephrasing. Perhaps a better guide can be found through the getting started category on my blog.
I’d love to hear what you think about it.

[ # 1 ]

Hello, Jan, and welcome to the forums. I’ll be sure to check out the links you’ve provided, and will comment on them separately. At first glance it looks like fascinating stuff. Please feel free to poke around the place, and see what everyone else is working on. As for my project? well, you sort of have to be patient with Morti, as his “house” (the chat room script he “lives in”) is in need of some renovation, and the progress there is slower than I would like.

Of course, you are both welcome(d?) and encouraged to join in on any discussion here, as we value any input, be it questions, comments, suggestions, or any other type. smile

[edit]
lol, I just realized that you are also Bragi, over in AI Dreams. It’s nice to see you over in this forum, as well.
[/edit]

[ # 2 ]

Hello Jan,
Welcome here as well. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the exciting discussions over here!

[ # 3 ]
Dave Morton - Aug 6, 2010:

Hello, Jan, and welcome to the forums. I’ll be sure to check out the links you’ve provided, and will comment on them separately. At first glance it looks like fascinating stuff. Please feel free to poke around the place, and see what everyone else is working on. As for my project? well, you sort of have to be patient with Morti, as his “house” (the chat room script he “lives in”) is in need of some renovation, and the progress there is slower than I would like.

Of course, you are both welcome(d?) and encouraged to join in on any discussion here, as we value any input, be it questions, comments, suggestions, or any other type. smile

[edit]
lol, I just realized that you are also Bragi, over in AI Dreams. It’s nice to see you over in this forum, as well.
[/edit]

Yep, I’m Bragi over at AI dreams. Nice to see a familiar face (well, person wink ). I’ve already seen Morti and noticed he was also registered over here (part of the reason why I put mine here).

[ # 4 ]

Quick question, is there a way to see a quick overview of the new posts and replies since the last login on the forum?

[ # 5 ]

If you simply visit the forum home page :
http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone, you’ll notice the yellow stars on the folder and topics, indicating those contain new replies you haven’t see before.

If you have feature request, please drop them here:
http://www.chatbots.org/admin/viewforum/13/
We luvvv feature requests grin

[ # 6 ]

As an admin here, I’m automatically subscribed to new posts, which makes it very convenient for knowing when there are new posts without visiting the main page (though I do that as well, about 5-10 times per day. smile )

[ # 7 ]

I can add anyone subscribed to new posts/new replies. Do you think members would be interested as a general feature for anyone? Mailboxes will explode soon…

[ # 8 ]

Yeah, but if they are fanatics like us they won’t mind smile plus they can always turn it back to daily - just put a URL in the email so they can easily go to the page to set it back.

[ # 9 ]

I agree with Victor. If a feature like that were available, it would have to be easily turned off, or some folks who weren’t as… Um… Interested as some of us would soon have to contend with excessive mail traffic. smile

[ # 10 ]

voila.

http://www.chatbots.org/admin/viewthread/178/

probably somewhere this autumn. First priority is to lauch version 2.6.5 (with a very easy to use chatbot publish mechanism), version 2.7 (research tab with 1000 + journals, awesome!) and 2.8 (companies).

[ # 11 ]

One of these days Erwin, we’ll have a chatbot to manage chatbots.org !!

“Computer ! please change my notifications from daily to immediate.”

Yes… the “Computer!” interjection is from Star Trek smile

@ Jan : That is not a bad demo, I looked at some of the same conversations.  I’d like to ask, how many syntax structures does the bot know right now ? Is it mainly just “x is-a y”,  “x has-a y”, or more? 

Could I train it for something like this. . .

“Jack went to his closet and took out his new suit because he was going to a party given by his company”.

“What did jacket get his new suit for?”

Also, I run on Linux, I would like to know if I could write a client for your bot using Perl.  Can I just open a tcp socket to the server, or are using something like a web-service ?

[ # 12 ]

I’ve split this thread apart from Jan’s introduction to the forums:

http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/184/

login or register to react