AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Android chat bot app using program-o

Hello Every one,

I am developing android application of chatter bot using program-o. In which I am using program-o as server and android app as client. Here I have program-o hosted on localhost,
The problem is that I don’t know how to interface android app with program-o. I had look aroung the all documentation at program-o but still did’t get any clear idea. I have good knowledge for android app development. But have basic knowledge in php.

Please help me regarding this.

[ # 1 ]

Hello and welcome, Vijay. I’m Dave, and the lead developer of Program O. I’m currently on holiday in England, so I’m not able to be online as much as I usually am, but I will be returning home on the 10th of April, and can assist you more at that time.

For now, though, I should point out that the only “app” required (or even possible at this point) is a web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. All that is required to access your local install of Program O is to point your browser to localhost/path/to/your/program_o_install

That said, however, inorder to run Program O, you also need web server software (Apache HTTP server or equivalent) and a MySQL database server. It’s often much better to obtain remote web hosting somewhere that supports both PHP and MySQL databases, as there are far fewer things that you have to do manually in order to get things running.

Sadly, Program O does not support any interface other than what I described above at this time.

As I said earlier, I can provide more details once I get home, probably after a good rest, so figure on hearing more from me on the 11th of April. smile

[ # 2 ]

Thank you Dave Morton,

I knew that I will definitely get reply from you.You are really responsive person. Thank you again. I am waiting for more information. Currently I am looking php server and android client app communication.That,how it’s possible to use program-o as server and android app as client.

[ # 3 ]

Android PHP/MYSQL Tutorial
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/android/android_php_mysql.htm

[ # 4 ]

hi pla.net,

Thank you for your reply,I have looked it.Now I get little bit Idea how to go. Now here I know that I have to modifying the php code at server side. I need to create one php page at srever side where I can retrieve the say variable, bot_id, conv_id. But thing is that how to get conv_id at client side? and after receiving it at server side what to do next?

Can you help me regarding this?

[ # 5 ]

Vijay,

The Eclipse plugin for Android seems to be severely deprecated. 
It is amazing to me that an SDK can be distributed so out of date.

[ # 6 ]

Hi pla.net,

I can now successfully communicate to the chat of program-o. If you want to see code. I can send it to you.

[ # 7 ]

Congratulations Vijay!

That is quite impressive.

[ # 8 ]

Thank you pla.net;-).

[ # 9 ]

Call me: 8pla

The members of Chatbots.org

gave me this nickname, which I enjoy having.

login or register to react