AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

The Melanie Project

[ # 16 ]

You wouldn’t be trying to undermine a potential competitor there would you Dan? smile

Here’s an article from last year which goes into considerable detail about the ways that chatbot technology is being used in dating fraud. According to the article such criminals are reaping 55 million dollars a year from Australia and the situation is likely no better overseas.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/consumer-security/from-nigeria-with-love-20120717-228bi.html

The most recent article that I saw on the subject was only a week ago and the victim of that scam had lost $600000 to the fraudsters. Obviously the technology alone isn’t enough, but it certainly helps extend their reach.

[ # 17 ]

I don’t know, Dan, they probably do. Melanie won’t be peddling wares, though.

And people add her, she doesn’t add them. Plus the first conversation will be held by me smile

[ # 18 ]

Hehe of course not Andrew, I just wouldn’t of thought this kinda thing still worked, regardless of who adds who.  I guess there’s more gulable people around than I initially gave credit smile

[ # 19 ]

GULLIBLE isn’t the word that applies here, it is VULNERABLE, which is a very different condition. Very few people are able to live their entire lives without becoming vulnerable at some point, through accident, illness, loss or some other situation beyond their control. Do you really think that you could never be in that position too?

One of my personal hopes is that I’ll be able to contribute to making artificial intelligence a force for good, able to counsel and support people who are in need, rather than exploit them. Judging from the logged conversations that other bot masters have reported ever since the original Eliza program, there is a very strong need for such a thing.

[ # 20 ]

I’ve been vunerable before sure, a few times through life, but I dont recall falling victim to scams such as the ones you highlighted in a previous posting.  Some of those are horrendous.

[ # 21 ]

Guys, I need somebody who can help me out with coding this thing and ideally set up a basic AI..
Please, is anybody interested? ;X

Otherwise I’ll have to hire a straight coder who doesn’t take interest in AI..

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react
‹‹ RICH - Speed issue      CAESAR ››