AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

wnbot

I just launched wnbot.com as an alpha pre-release intended for use on a temporary basis for test use only. Especially since this may be a new idea, python php hybrid.  So testing is needed to find out if there is a strong enough foundation to build on.  It is unknown whether this may advance beyond light duty. That will take more work, but it is so much fun to build a virtual DOS PC chatobt simulation on a website.

The interface theme is vintage IBM PC with a green screen monochrome monitor and a slow processor.  There are some panels to make function calls to wordnet on the first page.  And there is a second page with a classic Eliza chatbot.

The first phase was to get wordnet and classic Eliza together on the same domain and coded in a common language so they may play well together. The second phase planned is to teach wordnet to Eliza.  As a simple chatbot system, Eliza should be able to make function calls to wordnet.  The third phase may be to swap classic Eliza for a more advanced heavy duty chatbot system.

[ # 1 ]

UPDATE:

Classic Eliza has just started making function calls
to Wordnet, to extract and count keywords in the input.

You: I want an apple.
Bot: What would you do if you got an apple.?
Keywords:  [(1, “want”), (1, “apple”)]

Yes, the punctuation did not parse properly in the
Bot response.  However, it’s an early experiment.

Reference: http://www.wnbot.com

[ # 2 ]

UPDATE:

Classic Eliza is making a few more function calls to Wordnet,
extracting, keywords from both user and bot inputs and grammar from the user input.

You:  How does that make you feel?
Bot:  What is it you’re really asking?

Wordnet keywords:
You:  [(1, “feel”), (1, “does”)]
Bot:  [(1, “suppose”)]

Wordnet grammar:
You:  What (pronoun, personal)
VERB PHRASE AND ARGUMENTS
VERB PHRASE
is (verb, 3rd person singular present)
NOUN PHRASE
it (pronoun, personal)
you"re (noun, singular or mass)
VERB PHRASE
really (adverb)
asking (verb, gerund or present participle)
? (punctuation mark, sentence closer)
None

The vintage IBM PC theme for the interface has been updated.

Reference: http://www.wnbot.com

[ # 3 ]

Happy Holidays, 8pla! smile

I like the interface, but I think that the “processing” delay is a bit long. Is the delay functional, or “decorative”? In other words, is it a real, or artificial, delay? smile

[ # 4 ]
Dave Morton - Dec 27, 2012:

Happy Holidays, 8pla! smile

I like the interface, but I think that the “processing” delay is a bit long. Is the delay functional, or “decorative”? In other words, is it a real, or artificial, delay? smile

Happy Holidays Dave,

Well, it is a Python PHP hybrid, which attempts to take advantage of the best of both worlds, PHP and Python, to research Wordnet,  which they both have in common, but may be dissimilar in performance and/or progress.  The delay is not set, and it will change as the PHP and Python hybrid is further optimized.  For example some Wordnet development in PHP and MySQL may take the place of some Python development in Wordnet, which may improve performance.  Overall, Python with its NLTK seems more actively developed in Wordnet than PHP at this point… Of course different stages of development in different web development computer lanuagues is always changing.

[ # 5 ]
Dave Morton - Dec 27, 2012:

... but I think that the “processing” delay is a bit long.

Hey Dave… You were right!  WOW, you’re good! Instead of calling the Eliza chatbot response function once, and saving the response to a variable to use over and over again… I was instead, without realizing, calling the Eliza chatbot response function, several times in place of a saved response variable, over and over again.

CODE WAS LIKE THIS…  Several calls to a chatbot function

foo1(chatbot(stimulus))
foo2(chatbot(stimulus))
foo3(chatbot(stimulus))

WITH DAVE’S ADVICE CODE IS LIKE THIS NOW… A single call to a chatbot function

response = chatbot(stimulus) 
foo1(response)
foo2(response)
foo3(response)

Thanks for helping me optimize that!  It is very helpful. Right now I am calling just a few Wordnet functions from the Nodebox Linguistics library, but there are several dozen more to go.  So your advice this time, is like a gift keeps on giving.

login or register to react
‹‹ Statistics      Old chatbots ››