AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Personality Forge API

[ # 16 ]

Thanks, Vince.

Marcus - Linking to the forum from the API documentation was a good idea - I’ve done so. The HMAC and SHA-256 are standards that can be applied in various languages. I posted a PHP example, but it can be done in other languages as well.

I’d be interested in seeing the commercial Google APIs you’ve been able to use with Yahoo Pipes - can you post/email a link to their API documentation?

Can Yahoo pipes construct JSON objects?

[ # 17 ]

Google seems to have 2 levels of API access: “Authorized API Access” (OAuth 2.0) & “Simple API Access” (Use API keys to identify your project when you do not need to access user data.)  I use the Simple API Access via API key in Yahoo! Pipes. 

I’ve tried using the Yahoo! Pipes “String Builder” module to construct a JSON object, but doesn’t seem to show all the fields….

Image Attachments
personalityf4.png

[ # 18 ]

Marcus, I just completed and launched the “Simple API” for The Personality Forge. I think it’ll integrate easily with Yahoo Pipes. Let me know if you have any questions.

[ # 19 ]

Benji, I’m getting partial success with your Simple API in Yahoo! Pipes.  The problem I’m still having is with rolling IP addresses, which there seem to be a lot of for Yahoo! Pipes, and the wildcard does not seem to be recognized at the end, rather than the beginning….

Image Attachments
personalityf5.png

[ # 20 ]

Thanks, I’ve fixed the issue. Does Yahoo Pipes use a domain name that doesn’t change? If so, that would cover their changing IPs.

[ # 21 ]

Benji, I did try *.yahoo.com but it didn’t seem to work.

[ # 22 ]

Okay, I’ve just learned that Benji’s PersonalityForge “AI language” is officially called “AI Script”.  (I might humbly suggest that it could be nicknamed “PFAI”....)  And, there are no known converters to/from AIML or CSV.

[ # 23 ]

> http://twitter.com/VagaBot

Thanks to Benji’s kind attention, I’ve now resurrected my @VagaBot on Twitter using the PersonalityForge Simple API.  (You may recall that @VagaBot was stalled some months ago due to VerbotsOnline.com going out of business.)  @VagaBot is parsing (travel) questions off the Twitter public timeline, and running them through the PersonalityForge Simple API using Yahoo! Pipes with Twitterfeed.com.  Note, I have not yet populated the knowledgebase at PersonalityForge; first, I will finish making @VagaBot fully interactive on Twitter.

> http://twitter.com/TwavelAdvisor

BTW, I’ve got more or less the same setup on my @TwavelAdvisor Twitter bot, only using the Pandorabots XML-RPC API in place of the PersonalityForge Simple API.

[ # 24 ]

Come to think of it, seems like “Personality Script” might make a better nickname for “Personality Forge AI Script” than “PFAI”....

[ # 25 ]

Very nice Marcus
VLG

[ # 26 ]

Snag #2:

So I left @VagaBot running overnight and used up my monthly allotment of 500 free messages, which has stopped any development until next month.  :-(

I sure miss VerbotsOnline.com, which cost only $30 per *year* for unlimited traffic, and included an animated, talking avatar widget; but of course, they went out of business, after like 6 years….  VerbotsOnline was an even way better deal than Pandorabots. 

Pandorabots Shared Hosting Service costs $75 per month for unlimited traffic, and requires the additional $39.95 per month SitePal Gold package for the animated, talking avatar widget, which comes to $1379.40 per *year*.  (I’d be more enthusiastic about the SitePal avatar if it worked voice-interactively on major mobile platforms, which it doesn’t….)  Pandorabots CallMom mobile app is *great* for what it is; but, I still want a voice-interactive avatar!

[ # 27 ]

Marcus, I’ve just increased the number of messages for the free account from 500 to 5,000 per month. I’ve increased the other plan capacities by about 750% and added an unlimited option as well. None are as cheap as what you mentioned, but that’s what I can provide at this point in time.

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react