AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Elvis Presley Bot

[ # 16 ]

I’m still getting nothing, Ace. :(

Depending on your ISP, they may have the usual HTTP ports (80 and 8080) blocked, since most ISP services don’t want their users hosting websites from their home computers. I’ve got Charter Cable here, and they block pretty much every “standard” port that you could put a server on. You may want to see if you can configure your server to listen on a different port, such as 1645 (picked at random), and see if we can get through that way. If that works, then a simple link like http://stormnet.gotdns.com:1645 will take care of the problem (at least till they catch you, and shut off that port, too smile ).

[ # 17 ]

not working now and i wanna talk to it :(( waa

[ # 18 ]

Don’t feel bad, Amilie. Since I made that last post I’ve found that my ISP has found a way to turn off EVERY incoming port to my computer, so no more external access to my development website, but also no more hosting game servers (e.g. Quake3, Starcraft), and no more remote access to my files, should I need to grab something to help me fix someone else’s computer (unless I pay extra for VPN services). downer

[ # 19 ]
Dave Morton - Aug 13, 2011:

Don’t feel bad, Amilie. Since I made that last post I’ve found that my ISP has found a way to turn off EVERY incoming port to my computer, so no more external access to my development website, but also no more hosting game servers (e.g. Quake3, Starcraft), and no more remote access to my files, should I need to grab something to help me fix someone else’s computer (unless I pay extra for VPN services). downer

GASP!! i feel for you, i really do.

[ # 20 ]

Luckily, I have other means to accomplish my goals, so it’s not all that much of a hardship. An annoyance, to be sure, but not a hardship. smile

[ # 21 ]

hahah i knew it!! I knew you had a workaround.. but I erased what i was gonna say because it had sounded too flippant.

[ # 22 ]
Amilie Anatine - Aug 13, 2011:

not working now and i wanna talk to it :(( waa

You’re not missing much.  The last time I chatted with Elvis (during the Chatterbox Challenge) he still thought his name was ALICE.

[ # 23 ]
Thunder Walk - Aug 13, 2011:

You’re not missing much.  The last time I chatted with Elvis (during the Chatterbox Challenge) he still thought his name was ALICE.

HAHAHHAHAAA!!!

[ # 24 ]

Ok sorry it’s been so long since I posted.  But I am bringing Elvis Back to life again.  He now has a new home http://www.talktotheking.com  he is still under construction he will be live on June 1st again.  If you get a chance come by and test his out alot has changed since 2010.

Thanks,
Ace Craig

[ # 25 ]
Ace Craig - May 20, 2012:

I am bringing Elvis Back to life again.

Thank you… thank you very much.

[ # 26 ]

So Elvis has left the building but he is coming back?

[ # 27 ]

HAHAHHAHAAA!!!

That is pretty funny, perhaps Thunder inadvertently put Elvis under hypnosis and accessed another part of its personality.

[ # 28 ]
Victor Shulist - May 27, 2012:

HAHAHHAHAAA!!!

That is pretty funny, perhaps Thunder inadvertently put Elvis under hypnosis and accessed another part of its personality.

If only I could.

Some of us have been keeping track of AIML errors along with elements that reveal the ALICE clone component.  Unfortunately, changing the bot’s name isn’t enough to “hide” ALICE, and here’s one example:
http://knytetrypper.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=errors&action=display&thread=1624

Curiously, there are also numerous references to Elvis, which is why his return might be of interest to some botmasters.

http://knytetrypper.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=errors&action=display&thread=994

[ # 29 ]

Ok, Elvis is up and running.  Please be patient and allow the content to expand.  The more questions and things you say to him will allow me to fix the aiml to respond better, I have been going through the aiml and removing all the alice and robot references its a big task lol.  Ask him to sing you a song, ask about his daughter, ask if he was in the army, etc….the top 30 questions have been tackled..ask him if he is still the king.  Let me know what you think of the website design and what I could improve upon.  Let me know if the avatar I am using is good.  I have some different versions I can use.  Please spread the word and have people enjoy talking to him.  Elvis might have left the building but he is still in our hearts forever!  Thanks.

[ # 30 ]

Ace, is the URL still the same? Because if it is, then there’s also still a problem. Yet again, when I try to connect to http://stormnet.gotdns.com/ I get nothing at all. :(

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 5

login or register to react